Friday, October 11, 2024

Adieu TP Madhavan chetta.

Firstly, my apologies for putting across my thoughts about you, so late.

I am reminded of our last meeting at the Gandhi Bhavan at Pathanapuram. It was about three years back and you were very keen to interact with me after knowing that I was PN Panicker's grandson. Your father, NP Pillai sir was a a great friend of my grandfather and together, they'd taken part in many activities, started a host of programs in the Library and Literary movements.

You were like a kid, when you shared a lot many things about life while you held back your personal pain deep within yourselves. Was deeply impressed with your simplicity!

And no, I don't pardon your children for dumping you to yourself in your old age. They haven't done anything spectacular by being there at your funeral....it was their bloody duty!

Adieu chetta! My tears and prayers. Om Shanti! Sadgati.


Tailpiece.

Got up at a quarter past 5, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 10.

Took Lekha to the Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr C Sasikumar for the pain that she has on her right knee which has been lingering on for over a week, the medicines prescribed by Dr (Mrs) Sodhi not withstanding.

A quiet Friday, otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment