Sunday, October 18, 2020

Navaratri.

On 16 Oct was the first of the Malayalam month of 'Tulaam'. And many of us wished each other on the auspicious occasion of Navaratri, yesterday. It's believed that the Goddess fought every night to defeat a demon.

On the first night she quelled Kaama, the demon of Lust.

On the second she extinguished Krodha, the demon of Anger.

Then on the third night she dispelled the demon of Attraction, Moha.

Then she shattered Lobha, the demon of Greed.

In the fifth night, she came face to face with the demon, Mada and vanquished Hubris.

On the sixth night she confronted the swirling demon of Jealousy, Matsara and defeated it.

Then still smiling with the energy of beauty, she went forward and smote the ugliness of Swartha, the demon of Selfishness.

On the eighth night she killed Anyaya, injustice.

On the ninth night using only her kindness she banished Amanavata, the dreadful demon of Cruelty.

Then on the morning after the ninth night, she was about to rest when she realised that her most difficult foe was upon her.

She sat in the Lotus position, laid down all her weapons and with a gentle sigh and a quiet smile, she dissolved the final demon. Ahankara, her ego.

     *            *              *

Real fasting of Navaratri at the intellectual level means purification of the soul in the following ways :-

Prathama - I will leave all my Anger.

Dwitiya - I will stop Judging People.

Tritiya - I will leave all my Grudges.

Chathurthi - I will Forgive myself and everyone.

Panchami - I will Accept myself and everyone as they are.

Shashti - I will love myself and everyone unconditionally.

Saptami - I will leave all my feelings of jealousy and guilt.

Ashtami (Durgaashtami) - I will leave all my fears.

Navami (Mahanavami) - I will offer Gratitude for all the things I have and all which I will get.

Dashami (Vijayadashami) -  There is abundance in the universe for all and I will always tap the same and create what I want through unconditional love, Sadhana, nishkama seva and faith.  


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, the chores and was ready by a half past 9. Washing machinex of bed linen as it was a bright, sunny day.

Participated in the webinar, "Jan Vigyan Eco Digital Jagriti in Mission Mode" by Annavarem Vandana, of Hyderabad, from 1500 - 1600 hrs. The young lady put across her presentation very well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment