Saturday, December 3, 2022

Author vs Director!

'Higuita' plot thickens. Confusion prevails over the use of the title 'Higuita' with its author NS Madhavan claiming that the Kerala Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) has told him that the film will not be named thus, while its director, Hemant Nair says that the KFCC is yet to take decision.

According to the author, he was informed of the matter by the film chamber. "I am not accusing the film maker. I am just pointing out the injustice being meted out to me. If the name is not registered in my name then I won't be able to make the movie based on my story titled Higuita. This is my grievance!"

"The talks regarding the making of the film based on my short story are going on and at this juncture, if they use the title, I wouldn't be able to use the same"

The president of the KFCC, Suresh Kumar says, "We have not said that the title won't be used. What we've done is hold the approval for the title. If the director of the film gets a no-objection letter from the author, then it won't be a problem to approve the title".

According to the director, the film is a political thriller. "The plan was to release the film on 22 Dec. All the work associated with the film has been completed".

My take

Hope the two sides reach a consensus at the earliest without rancour.


Tailpiece.

Got up at a half past 6, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 10.

The maid had fetched up by lunch time and left after finishing her work by a half past 5.

The evening chores were completed in good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment