Friday, November 21, 2014

A flawless rendezvous!

I was to meet my sister coming with mud, removed from my dad's cremation point and enclosed in an earthenware jar for immersion at Rameswaram. His mortal remains have already been immersed at the Papanaasam beach of Varkala earlier, in Jan '12.

Then, why am I doing this, you might rightly ask. It was because mom had expressed a sentiment. I'm to accompany my relations at Ettumanoor for the immersion of my great aunt's ashes at Rameswaram on 23 Nov. She wanted a part of dad also to mingle in the same waters and was able to prevail upon me despite my initial hesitation. I'd tried to reason it out with her but seeing her steadfastness and the insistence, I couldn't bring myself to break her heart!

My sister, during a visit to my dad's place last weekend, had collected the same and was coming from Palakkad to hand it over to me. We'd decided to make use of the state road transport corporation for the purpose. Accordingly, two hours after she'd left Palakkad, I was able to board the same bus at Thrissur and proceed to Ettumanoor together. We reached my uncle's place by 1945 hrs.

Within an hour after our arrival, our relations from Thiruvananthapuram had also trooped in and it was time to exchange notes.


Tailpiece.

Mom and Lekha have decided to stay back at 'The Quarterdeck' as they'd recused themselves from the Rameswaram jaunt because of prohibitive distances to be covered on foot!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment