Sunday, February 18, 2018

Malappuram district(3).

Was, again, late in getting up as I'd got up around 5, recited my prayers and drifted off to sleep. Went through our chores and we're ready in time and set off from Tirur by 9 AM. We'd headed straight for Purathur, which was the first point of reception. It was a sumptuous breakfast, as usual, before the function.

The panchayats with which we'd trysts with today, were:-

    (a) Purathur.
    (b) Alamcode and
    (c) Thenjipalam.

There were three factors that played a role in reducing the crowds, attending our functions, today which were:-

    (a) The panchayat celebrations.
    (b) The continuing private bus strike and
    (c) Today, being a Sunday.

Despite the restricting factors, the crowds were adequate in each of the panchayats that we visited today and the interactions were good. I must cite an incident that took place at Thenjipalam, this evening. I shall go through the incident minute to minute.

Maman, as usual, was interacting with the audience. He'd invited a 68 year old lady, Padmini towards the dais and begun a conversation. Towards the end of the interaction, he'd honoured her by draping a shawl around her shoulders. She cried and held on to him for quite a while. When queried as to why she'd shed tears, her answer was, "Sir, I've never been honoured anytime in my life so far. This is for the first time someone has taken note of me. I shall never forget this day!" It was a poignant moment.

With that we'd wrapped up the yatra in Malappuram district and are poised to begin our three day foray into Kozhikode district from tomorrow.


Tailpiece.

Lekha had attended Indu's brother's engagement today at Kollam. My sister, Rema, was also in attendance. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment