Saturday, January 23, 2021

Young and old.

When young, I was worried about pimples. When I'm old, I am worried about my wrinkles.

When I was young, I was waiting to hold her hand. When old, I am waiting for someone to hold my hand. 

When young, I was longing to be alone. When I am old, I am worried why I am alone.

When I was young, I hated being advised. When old, there is no one around to talk or advise.

When young, I admired beautiful things. When I am old, I see beauty in things around me.

When I was young, I felt I was eternal. When I am old, I know soon it will be my turn.

When I was young, I celebrated the moments. When I am old, I am cherishing my memories.

When I was young, I found it difficult to wake up. When old, I find it difficult to sleep.

When I was young, I wanted to be a heart-throb. When old, I am worried when will my heart stoop.

At extreme stages of our life, we worry but we don't realise, life needs to be experienced.

It doesn't matter whether young or old. Life needs to be lived and lived with love and loved ones. You are surely one of these.


Tailpiece.

The day had begun at 5, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 7. Mini and I had kicked off for Paravoor by 7 and reached there by a 10' past 8, when Kurup kochachhan's 13th day ceremony was about to start. Spent about an hour there and returned.

The false ceiling work in one of the bedrooms and the de-weeding were completed by the end of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment