Sunday, October 23, 2022

I have been.

I have been to many places,
Where I never thought I'd go.
I have mixed with famous people,
Who I never thought I'd know.
I have learned amazing lessons,
From some men I thought the best,
And as proof I have some medals,
Proudly worn upon my chest.

I was trained to be a soldier,
And I'm proud I stood my ground.
If ever I was frightened,
I had brave comrades all around.
If I ever needed heroes,
They stood beside me, row on row,
And they gave me all the courage,
To go where heroes only go.

I am so proud I was a soldier,
And share respect with those I knew.
We looked after one another,
So we could pull our comrades through.
But now, though we are older,
We still share memories when we meet,
The argue like all brothers do,
With friends we're glad to greet.

- Clive Sanders


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, lit the lamp in the puja room, switched on the music and opened up the house.

An early morning call from my classmate, Savio @ Chicago. It set the trend for the day!

A quiet day but a bright and sunny one at that. 

Participated in the Military Literature Festival organised by the Lucknow Charter. It covered the wars of the 1960s. Interesting! Was sad to know about Marshal of the Indian Air Force Arjan Singh being meek to General JN Chaudhary and how the IAF had lost out on being deployed during the Sino-Indian conflict of 1962. If it was deployed, the outcome of the war would have been different.

Aniyan bought the 'diyas' and crackers for celebrating Deepavali, tomorrow. 

Saw the movie, 12th Man, on television and it was good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment