Sunday, January 15, 2023

India is not so developed.

That was what I was thinking as I was returning to India, for holidays, after spending a great amount of time in the US.

* As I landed in Delhi, I was craving for Gol Gappas.

And after relishing it, I felt terrible.....Gosh! I cannot use my credit card here at the stall. I will have to pay cash.
"India is not so developed".

Then I saw everyone scanning QR odes and making digital payments across the market! I learned it's UPI that the Government of India introduced in 2016, faster and easier than using credit cards.

Countries are dying to get this technology from India.

    *     *     *

* I reached home and realised I had forgotten to get eggs.

I thought....Gosh! If it were the US, I would have ordered eggs online which would have been delivered in 5 hours.
"India is not so developed".

Then I saw Blinkit, Instacart etc and was shocked to see the eggs delivered in freaking 7 minutes! How is that even possible? I was numb for those 7 minutes

Indian companies have mastered the supply chain challenges!

      *   *   *

* I was later entering the airport and took out my ID card for the scan.

The CRPF person politely refused. They just scanned my face and let me in because of #DigiYatra.

I was shocked again! 

I have been to North America, Europe, South America......they ask for ID cards everywhere.

       *   *   *

That's when I realised we should STOP underselling ourselves!

Be proud of our Identity, our Culture and our Ability to innovate and thrive!


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, the chores and was ready by 10.

After breakfast, had gone to the town to buy grocery from the Harisree Supermarket and to get our fruit basket.

The Ancheris and Saumya had fetched up by a quarter to 1. They had lunch and tea and kicked off for Kozhikode to spend the evening with Geetha's elderly relative.

     



No comments:

Post a Comment