Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to Delhi!

On Delhi on a short visit, strictly official but the social interaction has been hectic and this time I'm staying with the Khans. Matloob Khan was actually expecting me to join him earlier, but once I'd finished all my initial tying up I'd fetched up at their place by about 3 in the afternoon and he was waiting to have lunch with me and I felt guilty! He has not been keeping well of late thanks to a bad case of Bronchial Asthma. So thrilled was he to have me at his place that he'd called up his daughter abroad and many of his relatives around Delhi to tell them about my arrival!

Earlier, as I was going to the airport to catch my early morning flight I was pleasantly surprised to see a lady with baggage thumbing for a lift and eventually getting one in those early hours! Kerala is safe and I must say hats off to the guts of the lady for doing so!!

On board the aircraft, I saw the old Hindi movie 'Hamraaz' and the song ' O......neele gagan' sounded so appropriate for the occasion and I was sure that the trip was going to be a nice one.

The visit to my old office at Delhi was nostalgic and the staff expressed their happiness in more ways than one making me feel humbled. It was nice to catch up with each one of them.

And once my work was over, on my way to the Delhi airport for my return, I stopped by at Bruno's gravesite to say my prayers. The trees that I'd planted look bigger and greener. There was a lump in my throat as I left him.

No comments:

Post a Comment