Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sri Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi.

I too am praying for his speedy recovery for the sake of a few of my aunts and some close friends who're ardent admirers and followers of the Baba. I'm sure they'd be devastated if, God forbid, something were to happen to him. My aunts have foresaken even their food and are in constant prayers for his recovery. What makes them and millions of other followers of his, around the globe - consists of the high and the mighty, mind you! - get into this sort of frenzy?

He'd proclaimed earlier that he's the descendant of the Sai Baba of Shirdi and that he'd live on to a ripe old age of 96 and then, take rebirth as 'Prem Sai'. His worsening condition in the ventilator now - at 86 years of age - is in direct conflict with that statement of his. My aunts insist that his present condition is consequent to the fact that he's taken in the evils of all his devotees into himself, being the compassionate person that he is and attribute divinity in him thanks to a whole lot of miracles that are associated with him, during his lifetime.

While respecting the sentiments and faith of my aunts(I'm no one to belittle them or their beliefs!), in my opinion the divinity that the Baba possesses is nothing more than what every being, that comes into this world, possesses. And I'm of the firm belief that I do not require an 'usher' to communicate with my God! This is the reason that I'm baffled at their strong loyalty!!

So, for their sake, I bow in prayers for the Baba's recovery which, I'm sure, would do wonders to his devotees, especially my aunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment