Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A series of activities.

My mom had wanted to go to our family temple to see the work that has been done thus far. The 'sarpakkavu' has come up well and the final stretch of work was on. And she was thrilled to be back in the temple premises after a long while. I was reminded of my last visit almost six years back and it was dad, then, who was infirm and had to be guided around. It was mom's turn to be guided around now - the inevitable turn of life's cycle!

Old age seems to have caught up with her, she has put on a bit of weight around the girth but she looked very, very excited probably because of seeing all of us, together, after a month.

Then it was a short visit to the nearby Upper Primary School(both my sisters are ex-students of the school!) to handover five grand to the Head Mistress, as an endowment in dad's name, to provide books to the library. The books would be bought by a team from the school - consisting of students and teachers - and handed over by the family, on 19 Jun, during the special assembly on the occasion of the 'Reading day'. The son-in-law and the father-in-law will be remembered together on that occasion!

82 year old Sarasamma aunty's funeral had to be attended and by the time I'd returned from that venue it was sunset. I was dog tired but since mom was insistent on getting a replacement for the existing geyser, it was yet another trip to the town and back. I didn't have the heart to say no to her!!


Tailpiece.

And it was back to a boisterous evening and catching up with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment