Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 2 at Madras.

The work went on predicted lines and momentous decisions were taken. There has been a conscious effort to achieve reasonable targets through practical approach to problems. Lunch followed by the debrief and the photography sessions took quite a chunk of the afternoon and a part of the post tea session.

Laila Samson's last weeks were relived with her daughter, Leela, when I'd dropped by to offer my condolences and share the grief. She has put up a lovely black and white photograph of the entire family - of '57 vintage - before the first tragedy had struck them when Sheela, her twin sister, had passed into the mist of time at the tender age of 6. And she's pretty sure that her parents had never ever recovered from that shock!

Sunder, my 'saarthi', on our return to the hotel tells me that I'm a 'jolly man' as it's written large on my face and I was reminded of a yarn that I spin frequently........
      A young subaltern returns after his marriage and the couple is being welcomed, as per traditions, in the mess. The thrilled youngster introduces his Commanding officer to his wife, "This is Colonel Shamsher Singh. Sir is a good joker also".
      What he meant was that his CO had a good sense of humour!

........in this case was Sunder meaning that I was a joker also?
........just told you about my brittle ego only yesterday!



Tailpiece.

A quiet day well spent! And it's the end of another travel on duty!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment