Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A miserable day.

Had got up early in the morning with both, Lekha and I vying with each other for the top honours in the 'coughing marathon'. Mine was into the sixth day while Lekha's was a day shorter! The five day course of antibiotics had rendered the digestive system lacking in sensitivity with hunger and thirst, having taken a respite.

I was trying to finalise our trip - Mini and Lekha to Kottarakkara and me, off to Thiruvananthapuram but coming to a decision looked difficult because of the following factors:-

      (a) A vehicle bandh tomorrow, protesting against the rising fuel prices.
      (b) Rumours of a 'Bharat bandh', the day after, on account of the Supreme Court's clearance to
            screen the Hindi movie, "Padmaavat".

Meanwhile, had taken Mini to town to get her bank work done. I, too, had tied up a lot many pending work which needed to be sorted out. Thus, by lunch time, with almost all the serials completed, we're back at home. Lekha's medical condition is a cause for worry.

By evening, I'd decided to leave by the early morning train tomorrow and had fixed up with taxi man George, to drop the two ladies at Kottarakkara. Accordingly, I'd called up Anto to ferry me to the railway station! Lekha was in a miserable state by night time and I'd quietly tossed my programme for tomorrow, out of the window. And felt nice!

         *                             *                               *

The Prime Minister's keynote address at the World Economic Forum at Davos was superb when he spoke like a statesman. What was jarring were the reactions from Rahul Gandhi and his party, which was outright crass and childish. Why do they insist on putting across their opinions if they don't have the right points.


Tailpiece.

A miserable day with illness taking centre stage. When will it taper, I wonder?


No comments:

Post a Comment