Wednesday, January 17, 2018

To Panadura.

We'd started from our hotel at a half past 9. It was a fairly long drive and at the end of it, had told Victoria to avoid such huge swathes of travel when the age dictates that there are frequent rest room breaks. There were a few under tremendous pressure and I felt bad for them.

Our first visit was to the Ashoka Vatika, where Sita used to have her bath everyday. And it was on one such occasion that Hanuman was able to meet her. There's a huge footprint supposedly, that of Hanuman. There's a swift flowing river with clear water and a temple with the Ramayana deities.

I was a twad disappointed that the Vatika did not have the grandeur that I expected it have. Then, thinking dispassionately, I realised that the Sri Lankans did no have to eulogise Sita because it will be at the expense of their beloved king, Ravana!

We'd lunch at a nice little motel enroute. After a session of photography and taking Prabal to th kie wash room, we'd resumed our journey and had a tea break at the 'Tea Villa' where I'd accdentally misplaced my wallet. The ladies and the gents were protective and had handed it over to Lekha, to pull my leg.

We reached the Panadura seafront hotel by a half past 6. Guys at the reception were snooty and refused an accommodation on the seafront. Victoria was angry.

We'd a small party on the beach. It was a comparatively early evening. 


Tailpiece.

We're gonna be here for two nights before we return to India.  Our longish gtg is coming to an end.

I was badly off with a cough throughout the night. I only hope that it's not passed on to Lekha and put myself on a course of antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment