Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Existing trends and other stories.

1. Existing Trends.

    I've never been a habitual viewer of soaps on television and especially, the Malayalam ones, during
    prime time. It was not because of any bias but was due to my involvement in the evening fitness
    regime that I'd chosen to follow and consequently, never found the time. I used to be amused with
    a few of my family members who were avid watchers. Snatches of their conversations, invariably,
    touched upon the protagonists of their favourite soaps.

    But thanks to the bout of jaundice and since vigorous physical exercises are taboo to me, for the
    present, I've ample time to be part of these prime time serials. Many of them are on the same
    thread but what amazes me are the following trends:-

           (a) There's an array of scheming, wicked men and women who are willing to even kill for
                 money.
           (b) Extra marital affairs seem to be common without any feeling of compunction and it seems
                 to happen in a cyclic!

     No, I ain't trying to be a prude. Cupid strikes in certain situations and it can never be forecast.
     But are we not bothered about the younger generation who might carry wrong lessons after
     watching these television 'extravaganzas'?

2. KM Mani Passes Away.

    KM Mani, who has many firsts in his political life, passed into the mist of time at 1657 hrs this
    evening. The media is covering his life and times minutely and hence, I shan't say anything on
    that score. But I would like to highlight his liking and tremendous respect for the late PN Panicker
    and never missed a function in the great man's memory and was very keen to know about the
    activities undertaken by the Foundation.

    RIP Mani sir. Our tears and prayers!

3. The Elections Are On.

    Electioneering came to an end in 91 Lok Sabha seats, spread across 20 states and Union
    Territories and four Legislative Assemblies of Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and
    Orissa(28 out of 147 seats). The first phase of elections takes place in these areas on 11 Apr.


Tailpiece.

Got up with the alarm, went through our chores and were ready on time. I'd gone to the Perunthatta Siva kshetram to tie up the 'Thil Homam' tomorrow being Lekha's father's third remembrance day. Thereafter, did some sundry purchases from the National Supermarket during my return. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment