Sunday, April 14, 2019

Snippets.

1. Adieu D Babu Paul sir.

    Orator, columnist and former Additional Chief Secretary, D Babu Paul had passed away on Friday.
    He was 77. The media has covered his work extensively and hence, I don't intend to carry coal to
    Newcastle. I've interacted with him many times during the functions related to the Foundation and
    I always felt that I imbibed something new from him and I used to look forward to those
    interactions. We'd spent sentimental time when I'd gone across to offer condolences on the passing
    away of his wife, nineteen years back.

    RIP sir. My tears and prayers. We, in the Foundation will miss your presence and I have lost a
    learned Guru.

2. Digvijaya Singh's Latest Stunt.

    Digvijaya Singh, of the Congress has offered land owned by his party in Bhopal city for the
    construction of the Ram temple. This is his latest act remove the 'anti-Hindu' image for all his
    utterances thus far!



Tailpiece.

Started off from 'The Quarterdeck' by a quarter past 6. The Chevy was smooth and I didn't expect
any problems. But at Mayithara, near Cherthala, the accelerator had failed to respond. Being Palm Sunday and the run up to Vishu, none of the repair facilities were available. Finally, I'd entered a Maruti Servicing Station and its Assistant Manager, Krishna Kumar and his young team went of their way to help. After parking the Chevy, they got me a Swift Desire, on a rent-a-car basis. Reached Kottarakkara by a half past 3.

We were at the Raj Nivas by 4 and I was at my parents' grave sites for my usual conversation. Rema, Padmakumar and Achu along with the caretaker, Ria and her mother fetched up together and it was a tight schedule in the evening.

After dinner, Lekha and I had prepared the 'kani' and hit the sack comparatively early.

No comments:

Post a Comment