Tuesday, December 24, 2019

A little girl's maturity!

A nice message that I'd received!


On a flight to Kuala Lumpur recently, I noticed a young girl of seven request the stewardess for an orange juice. The stewardess was probably over worked and responded quite curtly with 'I'll come by later if I remember'.

The young girl smiled and got up to follow her to the galley. I noticed that she came back after a short while with a glass of orange juice.

As she was seated by the aisle next to me, I struck up a conversation with her. I asked her what she did when she went to the galley! She said she offered to help the stewardess if she had too much work. The stewardess apparently hugged her and appreciated her offer and gave her the orange juice. So, I asked her why she did that.

Her response was absolutely magical!

She said, my mum always tells me that when people are upset, it has more to do with them having to carry the world on their shoulders. During these moments, she says, I should help offload the world from their shoulders.

I wish I had her wisdom when I was her age. Our parents probably tell us the same version, but very few implement it like she did.

So a little help is all that is needed!!

It could at times just be a smile a hug or a compliment also.


Tailpiece.

Had got up at our usual time. Mini lit the lamp in the puja room and I'd opened up Raj Nivas and put on the devotional music. Lekha and Mini had gone to the 'Thrikkonnamarkodu devi kshetram', nearby, for 'darshan'. Sanil had dropped them at the temple.

Benoy and Sasi, my director had fetched up at a half past 10 and we proceeded to Ivarkala, where I was given the honour to get the 'making-of-cloth-bags' - the trainees on completion of a three months' training will, form clusters of three or four and set up small scale manufacturing units, to make bags, which will be passed on to people to prevent the use of plastic bags - going. Returned after the short ceremony by about a half past 2. Enroute we'd prayed at the Mannadi devi kshetram which was Veluthampi Dalava's - one of Kerala's heroes during the war of independence with the British - most preferred goddess.

Sanil and Mini have gone across to Kollam to be with his mother and the youngest sister-in-law. Will return tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment