Monday, December 30, 2019

I'm just crossing it.......

I am just crossing it and moving on, hope you too!

When I started using pen in my primary school and I made a mistake, I would try hard to erase it before submitting to my teacher.

Sometimes, I use chalk to clean my mistake but it later reappeared.

So I began to use saliva, it worked, but only to leave holes in my books. My teachers, then, used to beat me for being outrageously dirty, but all I tried to do was to cover my error.

One day, a kind hearted teacher who loved me so much called me aside and he said, "Anytime you make a mistake, just cross it and move on". He said further, "Trying to erase your mistakes would only damage your book to nothing".

I told him in protest that I don't want people to see my mistake.

My loving teacher laughed and said, "Trying to erase your mistake will make more people know about your mess and the stigma is for life".

Have you made some mistakes in life? Cross it over and move on. Don't expose yourself as a result of trying to cover your mistakes. Better things are ahead of you.

Strike out your 2019 mistakes and move into 2020 with a fresh note.

               Advance New Year wishes to all my dear friends.


Tailpiece.

Was woken up at 4 by Lekha and went through the chores with gusto. Sanil took another hour to get up and Lekha and I left for Kottarakkara, a trifle earlier, because we'd a few things to do. We first made it to the 'Nagaraja temple' followed by the Kottarakkara Maha Ganapathy kshetram for his 'darshan'. Sanil and Mini joined us soon after. We, then, went off to Letha's house to hand over the vessels in which she had prepared foodstuff, for us, on arrival.

We left soon after, went to my usual petrol bunk, topped up the Chevy with diesel and checked tyre pressure too. Sanil followed me on controls and later, settled at 'Diana's Kitchen' for breakfast. It's an all-women outfit and we liked the food and the overall ambiance, the service.

It was soon after this event that I'd decided to take the old MC Road for today's journey. Sanil was behind me. We peeled off for Angamaly, soon after Ettumanoor, while Sanil and Mini headed for Thrippunithura to spend the day with Rema, Padmakumar and Achu.

We'd lunch at the Saravana Bhavan short of the Paliyekkara toll. At the toll gate, our car's FASTag was not read by the reader as we tried to negotiate past - express toll gate - and we'd to do it at the adjacent track where my car's TAG was read and we could pass through.

Reached the National Supermarket, where Lekha had purchased some provisions. We were back at 'The Quarterdeck', after 10 days and the time indicated was a half past 3! The usual unpacking, washing machinex followed. The distance clocked, during this outing was 998.5 km!     

No comments:

Post a Comment