Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Assorted ones.

1. A Few Interesting Messages

* A businessman who lost everything in a fire, placed a sign board : "Everything burnt but luckily faith and confidence undamaged. Business starts tomorrow".

* Someone asked Life : "Why are you so difficult? Life smiled and said : "You people never appreciate easy things".

* Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace.

* Our body is full of water but wherever it hurts, blood comes out. Our heart is full of blood but whenever it hurts, tears come out...

* If you have a 'magnetic' personality and yet people don't get attracted to you, it's not your fault......They have 'iron' deficiency in their bodies.......

    *                 *                  *

2. The Usual Indian Mistakes

What are some mistakes Indians make, that are destroying their financial lives?

* Buying insurance policies for investment purposes * Not able to crack the credit card mystery * No idea about the power of compounding * Buying stocks based on tips without any knowledge * Becoming a victim of lifestyle inflation * Buying things just because they are on discount * Getting tempted to go for an exotic vacation just because someone put a post on Facebook and Instagram * Spending a bomb on weekend parties * No track of cash flow * No emergency budget * No medical insurance * No financial plan * No diversification * Spending all the on children marriage * Buying excessive gold only to keep it in the locker * An extremely conservative approach with investment * Lack of clarity between asset and liability * Considering frugal as cheap * Procrastinating investment decisions * Spending a lot of money on fancy stuff * Lack of patience * Depending upon others for investment decisions * Not discussing the money matters in the family * Getting too greedy with investment * Wasting time on unproductive things * Lack of disciplined investment and the root cause is 'Lack of knowledge about personal financial management'.

     *                 *                   *

3. Pandemic Laughter

* If you see me leaving this group, please add me again. It's just that I'm so desperate to go out! (What'sApp).

* Never in my wildest dreams have I imagined myself entering a bank, wearing a mask and asking for money.

* Never thought my hands would one day consume more alcohol than my liver......ever!

* Quarantine seems like a Netflix series : just when you think it's over, they release the next season.

* I'm starting to like this mask thing. I went to the supermarket yesterday and two people that I owe money to didn't recognise me.

* Those complaining 2020 didn't have enough holidays, what now?!

* I need to social distance myself from my fridge; I tested positive for excess weight.

* Could someone tell me if the second quarantine would be with the same family or we get to exchange?

* I'm not planning to add 2020 to my age. I didn't even use it!

* We want to publicly apologise to the year 2019 for all the bad the bad things we said about it.

* To all the ladies who were praying for their husbands to spend more time with them, how are you doing?

* My washing machine only accepts pajamas these days. I put in a pair of jeans and a message popped up : "Stay Home!"

* I feel like a teenager all year long : no money in the wallet, hair long and out of control, thinking what to do with my life and grounded at home.

PS.

Today is 23 Sep and it's the Autumnal Equinox where the day equals night. The sun begins to move towards the southern hemisphere from now.


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, the chores, the usual Wednesday 'aarathi' of the house and was ready by a half past 9. Another of those quiet days. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment