Thursday, December 31, 2020

Back at The Quarterdeck.

Got up around a half past 2, made a visit to the rest room and returned to bed. However much I tried and wished for it, sleep didn't oblige. I was aimlessly wandering in this delirious state when Lekha's cellphone alarm went off at 4. Realising that I wasn't destined for another stretch of sleep, I too had got up to go through the chores as Lekha brought in the morning cup of tea. Incidentally, by this time I'd said my prayers.

We were ready by 6, I'd called up the caretaker at a 10' past 6 to bring in the coconuts and he brought them almost immediately. Spoke to my parents about our next visit. We'd kick started our journey to Guruvayur in right earnest by going for the morning 'darshan' of Kottarakkara Mahaganapati. The door of the sanctum sanctorium  of Lord Siva opened just as I reached there and to me, it was telling me that the day was gonna be fine!

After a quick circumambulation of the temple, I was back in the Chevy to send my usual morning messages on What'sApp. Lekha had come in soon after; this time I'd parked our car in a new parking slot close to the entrance gate. Lekha was able to get a share of the 'prasadam'. We, then, had proceeded to Vazhuvelil house to pick up Letha. She didn't take much time and we were off on our journey, without ado.

The roads were comparatively free as the traffic was sparse. We had dropped in at the Kalapakavadi Inn, for reducing water levels and also had a cup of tea. The KP Road had less of traffic and we were therefore cruising comfortably. I'd then stopped the car about 150 mts after the Thottappalli spillway to have a breakfast of dosas and chutney, made by Letha. We, also, were able to cross through Alappuzha town as there was no traffic.

Our next break was at the Angamali fuel bunk where we lowered our water levels and then, had a piping hot cup of coffee and snacks and resumed our journey.

We were back at 'The Quarterdeck' by a half past 3 and had the lunch, soon after. The journey from there till our place was a sheer delight. Immediately, sorted our soiled clothes and opened up the house. Suma has taken two days' leave as she cut her fingers and has stitches, nine in number.

It was a quiet evening, thereafter. My monthly mail was fine tuned and I'd sent it by a quarter past 7. Dinner was lovely with Letha's hastily made curry.


Tailpiece.

Saw the good programmes on the television. Rung in the new year and it's my fond hope that the new year is gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment