Sunday, March 14, 2021

A relaxed Sunday.

Had got up by a half past 5, the chores and was ready by a half past 8. Since I was on the move, the addition job of washing my personal clothes is an added work. Appu, meanwhile, had washed down the Chevy and we left for Nikhila's mom's place at Vattiyoorkavu by a quarter to 11.

Since Nandu, my cousin, had outlined the route map and Reshmi and Indira kunjamma were with me, we reached the house within no time. I'd fetched up exactly 58 days after the passing away of Nikhila's father. The interaction was nice and Nikhila's younger sister, Nimita along with her mom, explained to us about his last days. Without doubt, his was a swift and peaceful end! 

He was a person who was protective about his family and did everything to make his wife, Meera's and their two daughters' lives comfortable and they are slowly trying to be more independent. The mother has realised that her two daughters would spend their time worrying about her and therefore, has found a novel way to circumvent that. She will join up in an old age home - its attraction being that there were quite a few of her friends already there - from the first of April. It is situated in the foothills of the scenic, Theni on the border of Kerala and Tamilnadu.

Both Nikhila and Nimita - along with their husbands - have visited the place and satisfied themselves about the retreat being well run and ambient.

Returned home, had a light lunch and a short nap before going off to the Foundation for our afternoon meeting Maman, Gopu and me. The details were discussed and by the time we left the premises, it was a half past 7. There was a bit of a slip up on my part; I'd forgotten to get my wallet. Gopu, who was accompanying me, used his credit card and helped me out of the embarrassment!

We were at Indira kunjamma's house soon after and had an informative conversation. Gopu left by 9 and we'd decided that We'd join up before a half past 7 and proceed to Kollam for the meeting, dropping by at the KEDES' bags-for-carrying-rations manufacturing unit at Chathannoor. That should be interesting and informative!

Our meeting starts at 11 and I expect it to be over by 1. After a quick lunch, Appu and I will set off for Guruvayur. Should reach there before 9, in the evening.

And the Malayalam month of Meenam begins tomorrow.  


Tailpiece.

Suma kunjamma, all by herself, at her Kuravankonam house in her present condition needs to be under observation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment