Saturday, March 13, 2021

At Thiruvananthapuram.

Got up at 4 thanks to Lekha's cellphone alarm. She was instantly up and about as she set about preparing breakfast and lunch for both Appu, my chauffeur and me. Eventually got up at a half past 4, the chores and was ready by 6. Appu had come in by a half past 6. After bidding Lekha and Achu a hasty bye, we'd set off by a quarter to 7.

We went by the Kodungalloor route and was at Ernakulam by 9. We stopped at Aroor, had our packed breakfast and washed it down with a hot cup of tea from a wayside tea shop. The appams and the egg masala were heavenly and gave the thumbs up to Lekha, who was thrilled. I was quite thrilled to be whizzing past the newly opened Alappuzha bypass. 

Kollam came and went. We'd our lunch of fried rice soon after Kottiyam and it was then that I realised that the amount could have been inadequate for Appu but he kept saying that he was full and happy. Probably wanted to see me happy.....nice boy!

Reached Indira kunjamma's house by 10' past 3. After a hot cup of tea and a bit of conversation, Appu and me took off for the Foundation. The new office space looked swanky.

Between Maman, Gopu and me, we'd a long discussion about the strategy for the Monday's meeting. We secured at a half past 7 and Appu and I returned to Indira kunjamma's house. After picking up Indira kunjamma, Resmi and Kripa-shankar, we headed straight for Kuttu's house at Peroorkada. We spent about an hour and a half with Sree kochachhan, Suma kunjamma, Nonu, Vani, Naina and Sidharth.

Sree kochachhan has shed a lot of weight but looked cheerful. Suma kunjamma looked a bit subdued because both her hands were in plaster.

We'd picked up a light dinner enroute and settled down to have it with a lot of conversation.

It was a late evening.


Tailpiece.

Felt glad that I could complete quite a few things that I'd set out for the day. 

Participated in the Aazhchakkoottam, "Budget houses and the common man Sabir Thirumala, Architect" between 1600 and 1700 hrs". It was nice. I was at the Foundation by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment