Saturday, August 14, 2021

Respect invisible labels!

A car ahead was moving like a turtle and not giving me way despite my continuous honking! I was on the brink of losing my cool when I noticed the small sticker on the car's rear!

"Physically challenged; please be patient".

And that changed everything!!

I immediately went calm and slowed down.

In fact, I got a little protective of the car and the driver!!!

I reached home a few minutes late but it was okay!

And then it struck me.

Would I have been patient if there was no sticker?

Why do we need stickers to be patient with people!?

Will we be more patient and kind with others if people had labels pasted on their foreheads?

Labels like -

* "Lost my job"
* "Fighting cancer"
* "Going through a bad divorce"
* "Suffering emotional abuse"
* "Lost a loved one"
* "Feeling worthless"
* "Financially broken".

Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about.
The least we can do is to be patient, kind and compassionate.
Let us respect the Invisible Labels!
......and more like these!!

     *       *       *

When Maths Died And They Lived Happily

Husband borrowed Rs.250/- from wife.
After a few days he again borrowed Rs.250/-

After a few days she asked husband to return the money.
When asked how much wife said that he owes her Rs.4100/-

On request, below is the math given by the wife.
Rs. 2 5 0
Rs. 2 5 0
------------
Rs. 4 10 0

The husband is still trying to find out the school where she learned her Math.

Later.........

Husband gave her Rs.400/- back and asked how much balance he has to pay back.

She wrote :
Rs. 4100
Rs. 400
------------
      0100

He gave back Rs.100/-

Both lived happily ever after. Only Maths died!

* Courtesy. What'sApp


Tailpiece.

Got up half an our later than our usual time, the chores and was ready by 10 o'clock. The maid was on a day off and it was Lekha's show all the way.

Participated in the Aazhchakkoottam : "The Epics and India's Culture" by R Ramachandran Nair, Former Chief Secretary to the Govt of Kerala from 1600 - 1730 hrs. A very interesting one at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment