Friday, April 14, 2023

Back @ The Quarterdeck.

By midnight, we'd passed Angamali on our journey northward. By the time I'd reached Kunnamkulam, it was a quarter to 3. Got an auto rickshaw from the bus stand itself and the last leg of my journey had begun. Reached home by a quarter past 3. 

By the time I'd unpacked and washed up, it was around 5 and I decided to delay my sleep and went about doing my chores.

Aswathy, the maid was in attendance and she went about her job accordingly. She'd volunteered to pluck down the Labernum flowers and generally get all the items of the 'vishukkani' collected at one place near the puja room.

She was the first person to receive the 'vishukkaineettam' from me and Lekha. The youngster, Amarthyan from the Medicare pharmacists was the second. The newspaper boy, Vishnu should be the first tomorrow.

The heat is going up everyday. The Met people have announced pre-monsoon showers sometime next week. Hopefully, we should find respite from the suffocating heat. 

Lekha and I prepared the Vishukkani before turning in for the night. Remembered my mom helping us with it on the eve of our first Vishu in 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment