Thursday, April 13, 2023

Iftar @ the PN Panicker Foundation!

Dateline 13 Apr

Had got up at 3, gone through the morning chores and was ready by the time Anto had arrived with his auto rikshaw at our gate. By that time, Paulson had given me the feedback that I'd not got the reservation on the Jana Shatabdi where I continued to be 1st on the tatkal waitlist. The reservation charges had gone for a bunt.

However, without any disappointment, had fetched up at the KSRTC bus stand and could board a low floor a/c bus headed for Thiruvananthapuram. At Ernakulam, had gone around the corner and leaving my lunch pack on the seat that I was sitting. On return, I found a girl sitting with no trace of my lunch pack, she said that on finding it on her 'reserved' seat, she'd chucked it into the dustbin. 

I gave her a piece of my mind because by her thoughtless action, not only my lunch but also my chocolates and fruits had, literally, gone down the drain! Reached the Foundation around 3, had lunch served by Girija, followed with a cup of tea.

Met the Foundation's staff and the many folks who'd come to attend the 'Iftar' function that was being organised by us. Dr Suhaib Maulavi, the Imam of the iconic Palayam mosque at Thiruvananthapuram, was the chief guest and he began by a speech on the 'Purity of Ramadan'. It was followed by the breaking of the fast with dates, a variety of fruits and 'Ramzan yoghurt'.

The prayers followed next at a separate chamber earmarked for the purpose. 

After the prayers, the main course of the dinner followed and by a half past 7, the function was over. 

After a quick bite of dinner, I'd set off for Guruvayur though most of my family members wanted me stay put for the night at Maman's place. I'd applied my normal plan to travel through the night so that the daylight hours were free.

Boarded a low floor a/c bus bound for Kozhikode and it left Tvpm at 2020 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment