Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A blast from the past!

The last train of the day has left the platform. An old woman is sitting without having the idea that the next train will be at tomorrow morning....a coolie noticed that and asked the old lady, "Mai, where are you going?" 

I will go to Delhi to my son.

"There is no train today, Maiji".

The woman looked helpless. The coolie was kind enough to offer a shelter for the woman in the waiting room. She agreed.

The coolie asked her about her son. The mother replied that her son works in the railway.

"Tell me the name. See if contact is possible", the coolie said. 

"He is my Lal, everyone calls him Lal Bahadur Shastri', the mother replied.

The son was then the union minister for Railways.

In a moment, the whole station was in a frenzy. Soon the saloon car came. The old woman was surprised. All arrangements were made by the Indian Railways.

After meeting her son, she asked, "Beta tu rail me kya kaam karta? Yeh log poochha to maine kuch nahin bol paaya".

Son said, "Chhotisi kaam Ma!"

My take

What does one say about the man's humility?


Tailpiece.

Got up at an 11' past 5, recited my prayers partially and sent the morning messages. Was ready by 9.

Lekha returned to The Quarterdeck by a quarter past 11.

A quiet day at the Foundation; lunch opposite Congress Office near the RBI.

'Sarga Saayaahnam' was about Biographies by Adv AK Suresh. Jeevan TV covered the proceedings and and took bytes from me! 

It's the 15th day of the Vaayana Maasaacharanam.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment