Sunday, February 8, 2015

A longish day.

For me, the day had begun at 4 and I was ready well in time when Anto had fetched up by 0530 hrs. The poor guy drove through in slumber as he didn't want to say 'nyet' to me! Usually he avoids a morning run on Sundays.

The young lady at the counter had never heard of the destination that I was seeking a ticket for. I didn't want to educate her as the line was swelling and therefore, took a ticket for the next big station. The ignorance was despite the knowledge being readily available on her fingertips, literally! I wasn't bothered about paying extra but what I was really bothered about was of not educating her because she's gonna repeat her mistake with many others.

The journey, as such, was tedious and boring. I'd spent the six hours in reading the day's newspapers and a book that I'd brought along. I was at home by 1500 hrs. Being a Sunday, the passersby were almost a trickle and hence, the calls were just a few.

Had my customary chat with dad at his cremation point. And the trickle of guests continued till I decided to call it a day so that I could concentrate on a few pending work. The caretaker had catered to my gastronomical needs.


Tailpiece.

A longish day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment