Saturday, February 7, 2015

Limbering up!

The day had begun in a businesslike manner with me going out earlier than usual for my customary walk. The tending of the garden followed after which I'd accompanied Achu to see him off at the bus stop nearby as he was off for his attempt at GATE. The exam was being conducted in an Engineering college, about 25 kms from here.

Later on I'd gone to town running essential errands before my trip to Kottarakkara to attend the wedding of a cousin's son. The entire family from my dad's side will be keenly watching as to whether I'd make it or give it a miss. This cousin has not done too well for himself, you see and the poor man had passed away over a year back!

By evening, as I wound up my walk, I'd tied up all the loose ends. Mom was wondering as to whether I really needed to go - these days she hates me going away - and that she'd speak to the boy and his mother and invite the newlyweds to Guruvayur!

I'd to patiently convince her that that was not right in the circumstances!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow's gonna be another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment