Thursday, April 23, 2015

A hectic day!

Armed with Mom's lab results, we're off to her doctor for a review. The day had begun in right earnest by 4 AM. I'd wanted to take off by 6 but eventually managed to leave 22 minutes late. After a quick breakfast at our favourite joint, Saravana Bhavan we'd proceeded to Kochi at a comfortable speed and reached 'Brainwaves' about half an hour later than the appointed time.

The doctor was at a meeting and had, therefore, not begun to see the patients. Wasn't he thrilled to see us? He quickly finished up the patients - a few of them had come after us. He'd sought my permission to dispose them off so that he could spend more time with us! At the end of almost an hour's session, we'd left for my dad's place with my mom feeling absolutely great at the doctor's farewell observation that she was looking a few years younger!

The traffic was comparatively sparse and we'd reached Lekha's ancestral house by a half past 4. Her dad was at his jovial best and after spending some time with him, we're off on the last leg of our journey. Minni and family had already fetched up before us and thereafter, it was a boisterous evening like one of the many in the past! Our neighbours were quick to drop by, saying they're thrilled to see the quiet house thrumming with activity again!

To my delightful surprise I wasn't feeling tired at all despite the early morning waking up, and almost 300 odd km on the road! What I felt nice about was that I could accomplish the tasks that I'd on my slop chit without any hitch.


Tailpiece

Lekha'd messaged me to come out of the doctor's room without further delay as an attendant of one of his patients waiting outside was getting impatient and irritable. To her she'd said that we're old buddies showing a tendency to lose sense of time whenever we met. As I came out I'd directed all the charm that I could muster and asked of her an apology. She gave me a dazzling smile in return!.......And almost instantaneously that sense of guilt had vanished as she wheeled her ward into the doctor's room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment