Monday, April 6, 2015

Uneasy days ahead.

Today was our tryst with the two doctors. The first did say that he was ready to put Lekha through another round of HBOT. He's asked us to meet him after carrying out two tests that would give an insight into what actually had gone wrong in the rupture of the graft. In the evening, we'd met her doctor who looks after the post lupus care.

It was he who'd advised us to meet a plastic surgeon to ascertain the immediate steps to be taken and has given us an introduction to one at Thrissur. But prior to that, I need to pass him the results of the dsDNA test. What irked me no end was the delay in meeting him - we'd reached his clinic by 1630h and could get out of it only by 1958h, amid pouring rain.

But what puts me under strain is that the plastic surgeon might want more than three weeks to see the healing of the new wound that he's gonna make because he doesn't have the luxury of the HBOT to augment his efforts! But it has to be done and and it shall be!!

Had two young chauffeurs helping me to drive my car through the Kochi traffic - Vishnu, in the morning and Vipin,in the evening. I was quite happy to note that my Chevy was in safe hands because I'm chary about giving my car to anyone else to drive. My cousin was instrumental for getting them and thanks chellakkili, as your choice was bang on.

The day had passed off at a tremendous pace. In the evening, as I was browsing my personal mail on my laptop, I'd come across a beautiful one from my friend - a doctor at Chicago - which had a very interesting heading and I quote, "It was not easy to get to be 60". My friend, you're too good to be true. I wish that all the others among us were as simple as you are.

And apologies, chellakkili for not being able to spend more time with you. It's the penalty(?) to pay by those who've many friends, you see! I'm sure you'd understand!!


Tailpiece.

I see us spending more time at hospitals in the coming days. It would be worthwhile as long as it gives us a permanent solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment