Monday, May 14, 2018

Limbering up for another short trip.

Had got up late by about 20' to 6, the alarm on my phone had played truant for some unknown reason. I wasn't, however, gonna let go off my plans to do a few things today and so, was able to set out for my walk by a 10' past 6. I'd headed straight for the hospital - as part of my morning walk - to give my blood sample on fasting and returned soon after.

In the meanwhile, Lekha had made a quick breakfast to facilitate my going back to the hospital for the second drawing of blood post breakfast, one and a half hours later. It was around that time that Vishnu, the bank manager, had called up to remind me about the inauguration of the 'PPF counter' at a half past 10. I was at the bank, soon after, to be part of that short and sweet ceremony. I could also transfer a sum of Rs.5 grand to the Head Mistress of the UPS, Thalavoor as part of the endowment on dad's name to buy books for the school's library. Either me or one of my sisters will hand over the books - selected by a committee comprising the Head Mistress, a teacher, a parent and two students - on the Vaayana Dinam on 19 Jun.

On my return home after another errand, I'd got the medical results that showed a slight setback in my sugar levels. I'd called up the doctor, told him about the results along with the reason that I'd been wayward with my food intake over the previous fortnight thanks to a spate of weddings and other engagements and so, could I meet him after another month with a new set of results? He'd have nothing of it and has given me an appointment at 8 AM, the day after, as I'd be off to Kottarakkara on a personal work tomorrow.

Anto will be my 'saarthi' for tomorrow morning and I board the same train that will see me doing the specific work after 2 in the afternoon - it reaches Kottarakkara only by that time, you see - and return by the Thiruvananthapuram-Guruvayur Intercity express, from Kollam by 1840 hrs. Hope my work tomorrow, provides the necessary momentum for the next project concerning Raj Nivas, well before the onset of the monsoons!

Have been receiving the full coverage of my course mate, Suresh Inani's son's wedding and related celebrations at Jodhpur and Chittorgarh, which Lekha and I had to back out from because of Appachi Ammaavan's passing away. Will make up for it some time later to wish the newly wedded couple - Rishiraj and Vidya - the very best in their life together.

Our maid, Preetha and her husband seem to be set on parting ways. She's strong but he's crumbling as he met me this morning and said his sob story. Something tells me that he's slowly getting to be a mental wreck and both Lekha and I had advised her to tackle him delicately. Hope things would get under control with the two families dealing with the soured relationship with maturity and compassion.


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day!       

No comments:

Post a Comment