Tuesday, May 29, 2018

To Thiruvananthapuram.

The train pulled into the Guruvayur station at 0030 hrs. Thankfully, the rain was holding and we could negotiate the long walk - without taking the foot over bridge for Lekha's benefit - without any hassle but by the time we'd reached the entrance, there were no auto rickshaws available as the entire fleet had gone away with their first set of passengers!

And people get into smart acts during such occasions. A member of the group, goes quite a few metres down the road, gets an auto rick and have his/her folks collected from the entrance to zoom off to their destinations. There was this auto rick driver - he knew us and realised that we were standing at the entrance for a while - who asked such a guy to get off his vehicle and accommodated us, instead. That person was furious and I could very well understand his bitterness but Jose - that was his name - was very clear that we're being wronged and he righted that wrong!

By the time we turned in for the night, it was a half past 1! And by the time I'd got up in the course of the night to clear my bladder, it was 3 and to my horror, I found that I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I resorted to reciting my prayers and by the end of it, the alarm had gone off signalling 4 AM!! I was groggy with sleep and even felt like turning off back to sleep and start my day later.....and consequently, reach Thiruvananthapuram later. But a meeting had been scheduled and I didn't want them to wait for me and had got up determinedly, sleep be damned!!!

Was ready by a quarter to 7 and Anto had arrived by then. Rema had also got ready by then as she wanted to go to the temple. We set off together and before I set off, I'd presented Lekha with a miniature Ganesh - in crystal, as she has a collection of them. Her birthday falls on 31 May by the English calendar - as I'd be returning only by the midnight of 31 May/01 Jun after the workshop on digital payments at Kottarakkara, that day!

Was able to clamber on to the fast passenger bus headed for Vyttila hub and the journey was uneventful though towards the last quarter hour, we're stuck in a bad traffic snarl short of the junction. It let off butterflies in my stomach but thankfully, the snarl was soon overcome. Phew! After a quick visit to the rest room and a light snack with tea, I was in time for the low floor volvo to Thiruvananthapuram and was on my way by about a quarter past 10. Lekha and Rema, meanwhile,  had cancelled their trip as the latter had decided to spend another day with Lekha, lightening my worry.

Lunch was at Kollam, though delayed. I reached the Foundation by about a half past 3. Maman had sent his car to pick me up and it was nice to go through his latest achievement of making the 'Reading Month' pan India. It's been a tremendous effort on his part. Well done, Mama, I'm proud of you.

It was a quiet evening at their place while I caught up with Ammayi from where we'd left last.


Tailpiece.

I can be quite restless without sleep. Today, thankfully, everything went off without a hitch and I could make it an early evening, comparatively! 

No comments:

Post a Comment