Friday, May 18, 2018

Stacked up for tomorrow.

Today seemed to be a quiet day because most of the action is gonna happen tomorrow. It always happens I suppose. A quick look at those events.....

 (a) The Floor Test in the Karnataka Assembly.

       As per the orders of the Supreme Court, BS Yeddyurappa will prove his majority tomorrow at
       4 PM, on the floor of the House. Meanwhile, the Congress and JD(S) MLAs have been lodged
       in a plush hotel in Hyderabad. The whole country seems to be waiting for the nail biting finish
       that's expected.

       How can the BJP get the support from a section of the opposition MLAs? A story that was doing
       the rounds was that they've been assured of the requisite numbers. The theory is that the newly
       elected Lingayats aren't enthusiastic to support HD Kumaraswamy, a Vokkaliga. Just goes to
       show that religion still plays a major role in our decision making!

  (b) The Royal Wedding.

        Prince Charles' son, Prince Harry will wed Meghan Markle tomorrow in London. It's gonna be
        the biggest social event for the day attended by a variety of guests from the world over. Harry,
        who'd lived a fairly colourful life is finally settling down with Meghan, a Hollywood actress.
        The Archbishop of Canterbury will solemnise the wedding and Prince Charles will walk the
        bride up the aisle. Harry and Meghan are yet another Anglo-American couple!

  (c) My Chevy Is Ready.

        The service centre had called me up this evening to say that my Chevy would be ready by
        10 AM tomorrow. The major body work of the bonnet and the forward/rear bumpers have been
        attended to along with the defect rectification of the air conditioning system. Will see each of
        the work, minutely, as I think I've been a bit lax in my previous forays. For example, I think I
        had kept my apprehension, about the a/c system requiring to be operated at the maximum pitch
        on the control knob, to myself. That the leak of the refrigerant was not licked was something
        that I'd realised, only, towards our last journey.

        Lekha's complaint is that I tend to believe whatever the customer adviser tells me. I do believe
        that everyone is sincere to his work and since I frequent the service station for all the work on
        the vehicle, I expect each and every one of them to be dedicated because a single mistake can
        mar the reputation of the firm and can even cost him the job!


Tailpiece.

My friend and classmate, Savio's early morning medical information on two of our classmates was depressing. Is there a chance for miracles to take place? Another friend, Suresh was the only one who'd given it straight about our mate in Thiruvananthapuram!

No comments:

Post a Comment