Sunday, May 12, 2019

It's Mother's day yet again.

It's Mother's day today and I feel empty because my mom has already become a star in the sky. Missed her quite a bit but I'll never forget her retort, a long while back when I'd wished her 'Happy Mother's Day'. "You mean to say you require a 'Mother's Day' to remember me?" I was left without an answer and understanding my predicament, she quickly thanked me for the wishes and said that she would rather have me remember her everyday!

Yes mom, I remember you every waking minute and miss you a lot!

.......And now I get on to my election coverage.

The Election Cacophonics.

1. Will the BJP Get the Upper Hand?

     From the ground, it looks like that the TMC of Mamata Banerjee is set to take a beating by the
     BJP in West Bengal. Is the rising poll violence indicative of the party's discomfiture?

     23 May should give us that answer!

2. Delhi Witnesses Triangular Fights.

    Delhi sees triangular fights in all its parliamentary constituencies. The AAP and the Congress
    seem to be fighting for the same vote bank while BJP seems to be happily placed.

    23 May should give us that answer!

3. A Comparatively Low Percentage.

    In the penultimate phase of voting today, while West Bengal saw a high percentage of voter
    turnout(80%) the other places saw a comparatively low percentage(59%) of voter turnout.

    Is it the election fatigue that has set in?


Tailpiece.

Lekha and I had got up at 0500 hrs, gone through the chores and were off for the Mannarassaala
Nagaraja temple as part of of our annual visit. It was very, very crowded as today was the Malayalam star of Aayilyam. The Subramaniam temple was equally crowded! The parking of the vehicle was a tough job! We could present our offerings at the Nagaraja's main entrance and say our prayers. We returned by about a half past 11. I'd wanted my sister, Mini, to accompany us but she had gone to the nearby Kushappally temple to participate in the Aayilyam puja. She conducts this every month!

The afternoon saw us gorging on unripe mangoes coupled with salt and red chilly powder. O, they were really lovely.

Finally, it did drizzle before we hit the sack and there was a consequent dip in temperature!

PS.

This evening I'd called up RBS Gill, my course mate and Squadron mate to wish him and his wife many happy returns on the occasion of their wedding anniversary. Firstly, he couldn't recognise my voice as it has changed, he said. Wasn't he thrilled to get a call from this side? And after the long wound conversation that he has a class photograph from the good 'ole Naval Primary School, Colaba, Bombay where he's standing next to my mom, his class teacher!

That was the best gift for me, on behalf of my mom, on this Mother's day for she was a teacher for almost two years at the school before she gave birth to Mini, my younger sister!

He'll be putting it on our What'sApp group!!

No comments:

Post a Comment