Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Funny but sad!

My house was about to be locked.......

On the 29th of November 2018 just because I was not able to pay the rent.

I posted it on Facebook seeking assistance but all I got were 2 likes and zero comments.

So I sent 250 messages to my contact list requesting for a loan of $1500.

Sadly, only 10 people replied. 6 out of the 10 claimed they couldn't help. Only 1 out of the 4 who said they could help actually gave me some money but the rest only gave me excuses and never picked my calls.

In the end, my door was locked. I had nowhere to sleep.

I walked in the dark seeking options and sadly, a thief stole my empty purse with my identity card in it.

He was badly hit by a fast moving car as he was running away, so he died.

Fast forward >> The next day, news quickly spread around that I had died.

About 2,500 people posted on my wall how they knew me. How great I was!

A committee was formed by my loyal friends who contributed $18000 to feed the guests at my funeral..

My colleagues at work teamed up and brought another $4500 for a coffin, tents and chairs.

I was to be buried in a coffin worth $1500 - the same amount I needed for rent.

Relatives also met. It was a rare occasion for them to meet, so they met and contributed an extra $3000.

Everyone wanted to volunteer in order to appear they were helping. They printed T-shirts with my image.

Each T-shirt costing $2,50, so the T-shirt man made about $25000 from my presumed death.

Everyone wanted to speak at my funeral. There was drama all over from people who never knew how I survived.

There was even a rumour that I was murdered by my friends.

Speeches were made on how talented I was, even by those who never attended my events.

The few friends who supported me didn't even get the chance to speak during my funeral - although they new the truth.

In fact, they were prime suspects for my 'death'.

You could imagine how the scene turned after I showed up alive.

Some thought I was a ghost. 

This is the irony of life; we love the dead more than the living.

- Author Unknown


Tailpiece.

Got up a trifle after 6, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 10. 

The maid had come to do up the work and she went about systematically, seeking Lekha's directions from time to time. Meanwhile :-
  * the newspaper franchisee came to collect the monthly dues and gave us Malayala Manorama and Mathrubhumi calenders of 2022 and has taken down my demand for a Guruvayur diary.
  * Rajith of Black Swan came to collect the clothes for dry cleaning.
  * Jayan brought grocery from his supermarket. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment