Saturday, November 6, 2021

Sanjukta Parashar, IPS.

Dateline 06 Nov

Sanjukta Parashar, armed with an AK 47, who sent 16 terrorists to death and arrested 64 more entering a dense forest should be known to every woman in the country who assumes herself to be abla.

A strikingly good looking lady, her ferocity in battle is hard to imagine. When an ordinary woman achieves something that even millions of ordinary men can't, her paeans are better sung on Social Media, but for the diehard habit of some to always back the wrong horse. Reason why Sanjukta Parashar's Facebook page doesn't beget millions likes like actresses who if played her role in a Bollywood movie would do.

Sanjukta was posted as Superintendent of Police in Bodo infested Sonitpur district of Assam in 2014 while the district was in utter chaos. Hundreds of people were being killed. Engaging with them in the dense forests of Assam was an invitation to certain death. An inspiration to the men she leads, they would swear by her leadership. Used to a regular wave of death threats she holds her head high with an enviable record of killing 16 terrorists and arresting 64 in her term of 30 months.

Presently in Delhi, her goal is to completely eliminate terrorism in the country.

My take

Viva Sanjukta parashar! May there be many more of your tribe!! Here's me wishing you the very best in all your endeavours!!!

    *       *       *

O Me! O Life!

Oh me! Oh life! of the questions  of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill'd with the foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and 
who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle
ever renew'd,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see
around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me 
intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring - What good amid these, O me,
O life?

                Answer.

That you are here - that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

- Walt Whitman


Tailpiece.

Got up a trifle before 6, said my prayers, the chores and was ready by a half past 8. 

A day of travel.

Was at The Quarterdeck by a half past 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment