Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Woman thrashes abuser on bus.

Netizens toast her. She says women should be vigilant, react against those who misbehave with them.

The video of a woman reacting against a man who allegedly misbehaved with her while travelling on a bus has gone viral on the social media. Netizens appreciated the boldness of the woman who knocked down the abuser. 

It was Sandhya Sunil, 43, a homemaker and a mother of two from Kapinchaal near Panamaram, Wayanad who decided to handle things on her own when the man's actions went too far

The incident took place at the Padinjarathara bus stand in Wayanad on Sunday afternoon. Talking about the incident, Sandhya said, "I was on my way to Vengapally on a bus and a man came and sat near me. Soon he started showing me things in his bag including soap and a box. I ignored him but he kept on doing things to get my attention. Since it was so uncomfortable, I asked him to move to another seat as many of them were vacant. But he was not ready to listen. Hence, I had to seek help from the conductor. After verbally abusing me, he got down from the bus but continued to stage a huge drama. I remained patient till the moment he started touching me from outside the bus. That was when I lost my temper. I got out of the bus and started hitting him with all my strength. Someone from the crowd might have taken the video which went viral".

As a word of advice to women, she said, "As women, we need to be very vigilant about living in this society. Start speaking up and react to things that make you uncomfortable and react against people who misbehave with you".

Courtesy. The NIE.

My take

Attagirl, Sandhya Sunil! Take a bow for your no-nonsense approach and you shall remain a bright beacon for generations of women. You have become my hero!


Tailpiece.

Today's Lekha's birthday and wished her first thing in the morning, on getting up at 6. She got ready, fed Kittu and the two kittens and then, proceeded to the Mammiyur kshetram. Hameed was her sa'arthi. The maid was on leave.

Meanwhile, I'd gone through the chores, put the soiled clothes for washing machinex and was ready by a half past 9.

Lekha had cut her birthday cake before lunchtime. 

Letha, her sister, fetched up by a trifle after 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment