Monday, November 21, 2022

At my sister’s place.

The day had begun at a half past 3 thanks to Lekha’s cellphone. Went through the chores and we were ready by 6. What Lekha and I can never forget was Kittu’s sad countenance all through. He’d the food given to him by Lekha and watched us go through the process of locking up the house and leaving. Consequently, had a lump in my throat for quite a while.

We were on the highway after an hour but the traffic was heavy because it was Monday morning. A rest room break enroute at the IOC pump and reached the Ananda Bhavan where we shared a ‘combo’ and washed it down with filter coffee.

Dropped Lekha at Floria’s by a half past 10 and parked the Chevy in front of the Aryaa’s Park at Panampilli Nagar. The wait was for about two hours during which I realised that I’d left my laptop at home…saddened me no end. 

Padmakumar, Rema and Lekha had joined me soon after. After a lunch of simple vegetable meals, we’d gone across to Lineesh’s Titan showroom at Broadway. Parking was a difficult exercise for me as the Chevy’s under carriage went through a couple of heavy thuds due to bad manoeuvring. Was upset at my mistake.

Lekha gifted me with a watch for my birthday. We, then, drove to Rema’s place at Thrippunithura. A short nap and had a nice evening where we discussed various things.


Tailpiece.

Lekha has recovered fully well from her recent fall at The Quarterdeck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment