Monday, February 27, 2023

How old are you?

Many people often ask : "How old are you?"
I tell them : How can I answer this unfair question?

When I play with a little child, I am one year old.
When I watch cartoons, I'm seven.
When I dance to the tune of music, I am sweet sixteen.
When I laugh with friends I am twenty, at the most thirty..
When I guide my children I am forty.

Yes, when I try to heal someone's wound, I'm sure I've crossed six decades of my life span...
And when I chat with butterflies, sparrows or bulbuls or play with kids in the park, I become their age.

What is there in age? Isn't it just in the mind?

Like the light of the Sun and the Moon and the flowing water in the rivers or the softly blowing breeze, we are all ageless....

I keep changing every moment with time and with my experiences.

Days are marching towards night. 
No doubt, whenever my sunset arrives, I shall hold on to it and be gone forever!

Till then it's not my age that matters.

What matters is how fully have I lived thus far!!


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, the chores and was ready by a quarter past 9. 

Mini and Geetha, Mithun's mom fetched up soon after.

We went to Padmakumar-Rema at a half past 12. It was yakkittiyak followed by lunch.

Lekha could get our month's rations from Vijayamma chechi's ration stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment