Monday, June 19, 2023

Friends of mine.

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all so different in character? How is it possible that I can get along with them all?

I think that each one helps to brig out a different part of me.

With one of them I am polite.

With another I joke.

With another I can be a bit naughty.

I can sit down and talk about serious matters with one, be on the same wavelength

With another I laugh a lot.

I listen to one friend's problems.

Then I listen to another one's advice for me.

My friends are the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

When completed, they form a treasure box.

A treasure of friends! They are my friends who understand me better than I understand myself.

They're friends who support me through good days and bad.

Real age doctors tell us friends are good for our health.

Dr Oz calls them Vitamin F (for friends) and counts the benefits of friends as essential to our well being.

Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression and terminal strokes.

The warmth of friendship stops stress and  and even in your most intense moments, it decreases the chance of cardia arrest or stroke by 50%.

I know I am part of their lives because their names appear on my mobile screen every day and I feel blessed that they care as much for me as I care for them


Tailpiece.

Got up around a quarter past 2, washed up and recited my prayers. Turned off to sleep immediately after.

Got up at 5, the chores and was ready by a half past 7.

The 28th Reading Day/Reading month celebrations kick started in a grand manner though the hief minister.

A quiet evening.  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment