Friday, January 26, 2024

A confusing day!

Last night as we hit the sack around a half past 11, Lekha was coughing periodically. Three days of medicines did not show any effect. Moreover, her cough sounded harsher and persistent. The doctor had asked me to get a few tests and an x-ray done if the cough was continuing without any let up.

Both of us couldn't sleep and it was awfully painful to see her huddled up because in that position, the cough would take a respite. Along with the torrent of coughs, she had developed a pain in the throat which made swallowing difficult.

Must admit that I was at my wits' end and completely lost as to what I should do. I'd even contemplated as to whether I should go in for a change of the doctor.

Had got up at our usual time this morning and I saw Lekha sleeping away. I didn't disturb her as I wanted her to catch up on some sleep that the cough had prevented her from having, last night.

The cough had subsided. After the morning chores, hoisting of the tricolour and a nice breakfast made by our maid we'd watched the colourful Republic Day parade at New Delhi. It was after that that we'd set off to the Rajah Hospital to get the tests done on Lekha, which confirmed the infection.

My journey to Koduppunna tomorrow - for the family puja - was finalised only in the evening.

It's gonna be a long and early day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment