Friday, March 8, 2024

Today's MahaShivaratri.

1. Two Women, Two Different Roles

Two women, two different roles
The one who gave birth to me
And the one I gave birth to.

One gave all the love she had,
The other got all the love I had.

One strived in the life chosen for her,
The other - for the life she chose.

One made sure I didn't have tears,
The other ensured I face my fears.

One hears my voice to know if am well,
The other can read my face and tell.

One had her eyes moist as she saw me go,
The other made my eyes moist as I let her go.

My past and future when shall meet,
Will be a picture ever so complete.
Two women, two different roles.

If only I could be a little like them,
The one who gave birth to me,
And the one I gave birth to.

- A Poem.

2. Women

God created someone
Who is wise
Who only knows to Love..
Make sacrifices one
Who Encourages one
Who never gives up
God created WOMEN.

3. [22] Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man and He brought her to the man.
    [23] The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be 'Woman', for she was taken out of man".
    [24] That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife and they become one flesh. Genesis 2:22-24 NIV

My take

Today's MahaShivaratri and today's also the International Day of the Woman!


Tailpiece.

Got up at 5, thanks to Lekha's cellphone. Went through our chores and was ready by a half past 7. Rema had fetched up from Pidavoor and the three of us left for visits to the Padinjaattinkkara Shiva kshetram
and the MahaGanapati kshetram. 

Earlier, the caretaker had bought us breakfast and our sa'arthi, was ferried by us from Kottarakkara after landing there an hour earlier from Guruvayur.

Sealed the deal with contractor Ganapati for the work on the support-wall on Raj Nivas's northern boundary with the stream. 

Left home by 1000 hrs for Guruvayur. Lekha had her pedicure at Floria's at Kochi and I'd handed her watch to the Titan showroom at Broadway.

Reached The Quarterdeck at a quarter to 8.

A quiet evening, thereafter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment