Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A breach of faith?!

I was attending a function, towards the end of which, I was drawn into a very interesting discussion on God, the type of prayer that we offer and our 'tumultous' relationship with him related with the highs and lows of life.

Subsequently, I did an audit of my ongoing interactions with God and came up with these observations!

To my mind, except for my childhood requests to God for clearing me in my examinations, I've never asked for any favours for myself and that trend continues to this date. However, I've asked for umpteen number of favours on others' behalf - for those who're close to me and mean the very essence of my life.

And it's my firm belief that I'd get His help in times of need without me asking for it as He's all pervading and all encompassing!!

And what is the substance of my interactions? Let me list them, strictly in their order, without sounding trivial or frivolous:-
(a) A four line mantra highlighting the power of the goddess Laxmi(12 times).
(b) Good health, prosperity and a long, healthy life for my close relatives and friends, by name.
(c) Eternal peace for all deceased - from close relatives to friends and acquaintances(again by name) who've played a role in making me what I'm.
(d) A four line mantra highlighting the power of the snake god.
(e) A request to make me a better person. Its wordings had been passed on to me by my Muthachan.
(f) The Gayatri mantra(11 times)
(g) 100 pooja mantras for the goddess Laxmi, Shukra sthothram, Sani sthothram, the Surya sthothram and
(h) The Vishnu sahasranama sthothram.

This interaction is the first thing that happens at the beginning of the day and I must admit that there's a feeling of contentment after having gone through them. Unscheduled visits to any religious place, subsequently, see me with folded hands and vacant thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment