Sunday, July 3, 2011

Much ado about nothing?!

A carefree Sunday, and we'd made our customary calls home. Dad's voice seems to be undergoing a change. Hope it's not the manifestation of an increased effect of Parkinson's! Though he'd told me that there's nothing to worry, I've every reason to do just that.

There's a neighbour of my sister's at Delhi, not very long ago, who'd this ailment. Her voice had gone hoarse that she couldn't have a morsel without coughing and it was finally diagnosed that the Parkinson's syndrome had caught up with her pharynx. She'd to be administered liquid food through tubes, till her end, subsequently.

I'd a detailed chat with dad's doctor and being the good friend that he's, tried to allay my justifiable fears but I could realise that something was not okay! I only hope that my dad doesn't have to go through discomfort and pain. I'm sure that, being the tough guy that he's, he'd overcome all his adverse moments. And God, you'd better look after him because he's enormous faith in you and I'd lose it completely, if you're to prove otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment