Sunday, January 27, 2013

A hectic day with humorous asides!

We'd gone to Guruvayur for the weekend. Driving, though hectic, was a pleasure as the traffic was sparse and the roads were good. There was plenty of humour by the wayside and I tried to take in as much as I could. In the process, time just melted away. I'd like to share a few gems that I'd come across.

1. Our craze to go abroad.

There's a flurry of coaching institutions that promise a host of things to the members. The sentiment that is being exploited is an Indian's urge to go abroad to make it big or make quick money. And the most catchy one was, "Study - migrate - settle". I'm curious to know as to how they manage that and I could see an impressive crowd of prospective settlers in the institute!

2. Spellings that are imaginative or should I say wild?

Here are a few samples of these howlers:-

       (a) 'Chinees' food.
       (b) Lunch 'brekk'.
       (c) Tyre 'puncher'.


Tailpiece.

Travel can be real fun and there's no question of boredom setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment