Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another new year.

The day had begun just like any other day. We'd gone off to bed around 1 AM after seeing off a few friends who'd come by to spend the new year's eve and usher in the new year with us. But there was no sense of grogginess or tiredness despite the long drive; of course it was because of complete abstinence from the 'bubbly' on account of dad's remembrance day!

I must hasten to add that my friends, who're with me, allowed me my abstinence till the stroke of midnight - going by my sentiments - and upon their insistence(?), I did succumb to having a glass of wine for ringing in the new year.

The first act of the day was to call up mom to wish her many happy returns, as today happens to be her birthday, as per the Malayalam calendar.

No new year resolutions - as has been my practice for the past so many years since most of them get broken soon after, at the slightest pretext. But on being prodded by my classmate, Savio from Chicago through a collective call on our class group mail, I've decided to keep a check on my tendency to flare up at the slightest provocation! The day was full of calls, smses and e-mail from friends, relatives and well wishers and though they kept me on my toes, it was great talking to a few of them as it has been a long time since I'd spoken to them previously!! And not to forget, the opportunity that I got to interact with a lot of people in the bargain.

It was also the day of raising of the level of security surveillance cordon around our residential area by increasing the strength of the bunch of guards. Though it has restricted ingress and egress of people, almost everyone of the residents seem to have given me the 'thumbs up' for the decision. Certain hiccups remain, but they'll be sorted out after consolidating related issues over a period of a fortnight and mid course corrections shall be applied on a thorough review.


Tailpiece.

It's my fond hope that this year would have more of pleasant experiences than the unpleasant ones. But I shall endeavour to spread cheer and hope among the small circle of people that I'd be interacting with, on a continuous, daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment