Monday, December 31, 2012

Another hectic day!

Rema, my sister, had woken me up at 4 this morning. After going through my chores, we'd started off for Varkala's 'papanasam beach' for carrying out the rituals, in connection with my dad's first remembrance day. We're at the beach by 7 and the ceremony was conducted by the priest without much ado.

Dad seems to have liked the way the ceremony was conducted - so, said the priest( Thumping his own back, perhaps!) - as the crows swooped in on the offerings that we'd placed at the beach. It was followed by the visit to the ancient 'Janardanaswamy temple' on top of a steep hillock, right at the beachhead. And after about an hour and a half, we're headed for home.

There was inadequate voltage level, the previous night thanks to a flash downpour and the consequent fire on an electric lamp post in front of our house. So, working the motor and pumping up the water into the overhead tank was out of question, resulting in a water shortage. Drawing water from the well, by the traditional bucket and pulley was resorted to so that some amount of water could be collected to tide over the temporary scarcity!

It was around 10 AM, when we'd kicked off for Kochi. I'd set myself a deadline to be back by lunchtime - I missed it by an hour and a half, thanks to traffic snarls at two points enroute! But I could catch up on all the work that had to be done on arrival and that, indeed, gave me a great sense of accomplishment.


Tailpiece.

I cannot access the internet because the service provider that I subscribe to doesn't cover the area where my house is. And therefore, it must have appeared crazy for the passersby when they saw your's truly working on my laptop from the bonnet of my car, under the shade of a huge, big banyan tree by the wayside! It was accomplished as we'd decided to have a break for freshening up at our familiar 'highway inn'.

No comments:

Post a Comment