Saturday, December 22, 2012

My mom.

Minni, my sister, and her daughter, Ammu were off to Bangalore for a week. We'd made a dash for home to be with mom and to get her with us, to Kochi.

The drive was okay as the roads have been done up though, at certain places, the patches on the road gave a rather bumpy ride at times. Enroute, I'd tied up the loose ends for the family union on my dad's remembrance day on 31 Dec, as per the Malayalam calender. The family's coming together is to remember dad, through each one's experiences and anecdotes associated with their interaction with him, over the years! There has been queries as to whether there was any time limit per individual and as the chief co-ordinator, I've said no - on a purely selfish reason. I want to know more about him!!

After dinner, we're sitting with mom watching the television. Sadly, my normally alert mom, was dozing off quite often just like dad used to do a few years back - and he used to be the butt of her ribbing then! When I suggested that she should go to bed, she refused saying that she would retire only along with us - the same old answer that dad used to give when he was around.

How time flies? And it's amazing to see the toll it's taking. My energetic and vibrant mom has become quieter and seems to be missing dad, all the time. And I'm a helpless spectator.


Tailpiece.

The script remains the same, usually. Only the characters change.

No comments:

Post a Comment