Thursday, December 13, 2012

Certain half truths, facts and fiction!

In my dreams I fancy myself to be a writer and a successful one at that! This is because I can rustle up a passable story without racking my brains and that's why my friends say that I'd be a successful scriptwriter in films and the television. As I'd said earlier on this forum, one of my greatest passions is to understand human beings and I observe individuals closely, to the extent feasible, to find out what actuates or what ails them. In the process, life becomes a learning experience and I can assure you that it's very, very interesting. Therefore, the following story can be extrapolated and suitable scripts derived for further use, strictly for entertainment.

It was an evening get together that I'd the privilege to attend recently and it had a generous sprinkling of people whom I knew. Almost at the start of the party,  came in a couple and since they're known, I walked across and received them even helping the lady to negotiate the flight of stairs by holding her hand which she was quick to retrieve on reaching the safe landing(Did I hold onto her hand a bit longer than was expected? No, as I reckon for sure but then it's time for me to take you back in time - a flashback, yes!)

I was a young subaltern then and Anne and her friends were introduced to me and my friends by a teacher whom we're all aware of, at a fest. Anne(I must admit having been drawn to her) and me hit it off instantly and our friendship continued for a while - strictly at a chat, ice creams and long walks' level! A couple of months later I'd to move away from Kochi on professional prodding and the communication between me and Anne began to dwindle till it ceased completely. A couple of years later, a classmate had called me up to invite me for his wedding saying that he'd a surprise for me.

Puzzled as I was then, the import of his statement hit me when I saw Anne as his bride at the wedding. It was one of those strange coincidences that I'd come across in the course of my life and I must tell my readers that  I felt quite happy for them and wished them a very long, happy and successful married life.

.......Cut. Back to the present......

And I was meeting the two of them after a long lapse. There was no awkwardness as we made polite conversation and generally spent the evening with the crowd which had singing sessions amid conversation and dinner. Anne and another friend covered the evening's images in their cameras. Those exposures were released into our 'groupsite' on the web.

And I don't figure in any of the exposures covered by Anne!

Is she angry with me? If yes, for what?


Tailpiece.

Her eldest son has just picked up a job and the younger son is doing his engineering in Coimbatore. She's even asked Lekha(I'm glad that they've hit it off well!) to look for a suitable girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment