Thursday, December 25, 2014

In the garden city.

We'd set off from Rema's place by a few minutes after 6 AM. Soon after - barely a kilometre later - we hit the scene of a ghastly accident involving a truck, a Maruti omni and a two wheeler and from the sight of the mangled remains of the machines, it was fairly clear that a few of the passengers had taken a grave hit, God bless their souls!

The drive was a nice experience with comparatively less traffic on the expressway. Stops for breakfast, tea and lunch were taken to shake off the dreariness of the long journey and to make it easier for mom from the aches and the pains. 'The Peppermint', at Hosur, had laid out its Christmas buffet lunch and we, being their first set of guests for the afternoon, were lavished with their hospitality. I'd stuck to being a vegetarian even though there were mouth watering dishes including the aromatic 'Hyderabadi biryani'!

Without losing our way, we could reach Mini's place by about 1400h. The conglomeration of the entire family - minus Achu, my nephew, as he didn't have adequate leave to make this outing - was made possible after weeks of planning!

The evening walk and meeting with many of Mini's friends made Christmas '14 a memorable occasion! But a faux pas - sorted out with immaculate ease, though - was to follow. My sister had provided an immaculate spread of non-vegetarian fair for the occasion and insisted upon my indulgence and I didn't have the heart to belittle her efforts. The 40 day abstinence was, thus, brought to an end!

The first evening, at Bangalore, was a memorable one.


Tailpiece.

(a) My mom's thrill to be with her younger daughter and above all, my niece, Ammu's happiness on seeing us was the 'Kodak moment' of the day!
(b) And a naughty aside. Wish I'd known about my sister's dinner spread well in advance....I'd have tucked in the Hyderabadi biryani - an enduring weakness! - earlier in the day!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment